A few weeks ago at playgroup, a boy had a little bike with no training wheels, so I had Luke try it out. He did much better than I expected, but wasn't really interested in riding right then at the park, so I didn't make him. The next week at playgroup I brought Luke's little bike with the training wheels off to try to get him to practice, but he still wasn't interested. His friend Connor was, though, and practiced almost the entire time we were there. The next day, Connor was a pro! Once Luke saw Connor doing it, he gave it a try and was pedaling away a few days later.

Luke and Connor getting started

Luke on his little bike

They both started out on their little bikes, but have graduated to their bigger bikes (previously owned by their big brothers). I'm pretty sure he's shouting out a big "Woo Hoo" here because he thinks he's so cool!

Luke has also decided he likes to ride one-handed, while Connor likes to stand up on his pedals. Silly boys!
8 comments:
Looks like they are having a blast... I miss riding my bike to work... that was awesome in Alabama to just ride the 3 miles in to get the morning off right!
go lukie! love the one hand picture. i can just imagine how excited he was. he's a fun boy allyson. enjoy him...
I love that you have something posted about all the kids. It's nice to know what they are doing since we can't see them. Nice job Luke, can he come teach Jason? He has no interest in it at all, but maybe I'll find one of his friends to encourage him like Luke. Brock is so stinking cute! He really looks cute sucking his thumb.
Wow, that's impressive! Brennan hasn't even been on a bike yet!!
Cute posts'!! Con and Luke are such cutie patooties!! And Mr Thumbsucker is too cute!!! Love those shots of him!
It is good to see some pictures of your kids and see you all enjoying the great outdoors while we are all cooped up in the snow. And, I think Peter looks almost as good as me in that Scout shirt, so that's good too!
Way to go, Luke! It's so amazing how it just clicks and off they go! I remember when Brynlee thought she was so cool only holding on with one hand!
Allyson - Hahaha!!!! I just got your message. Hey, no worries. I have it on there for anyone to buy if they don't want to sew one. But I have written out the directions.....so let's be real, who's going to want to buy it when I give the directions for free???? :o) Totally fine.
And my gosh, look at your little family. All those sweet boys. I'm going to have to tell April and Robin that you have a blog so they can check in on you too.
Take care.
Post a Comment