Monday, June 8, 2009

First Swim Meet

To keep Bryan and Luke busy this summer, I decided to sign them up for swim team. Last Thursday they had their first meet. For this meet, they swam freestyle and backstroke. Bryan also was part of the 9-10 boys freestyle relay.

Bryan getting in for the backstroke race.
At the end of every race they got a ribbon for their heat. Bryan got 6th in the relay, 7th in freestyle, and 8th in backstroke (all out of 8 kids). Luckily he didn't feel too bad about it! Since it was the first meet, they didn't have any prior times to go by. Next time he'll be put in a heat with kids that swim closer to his same time.

Luke couldn't wait to race! Here he is FINALLY lining up for his first race.

Luke swimming the backstroke. He came in 8th place.

Luke diving in for freestyle. He came in 8th place for this race, too, but it sure is fun to watch him!

All out of breath after a long 25 yards! Way to go, Luke!

In other sports related news, Tyler just finished his first season in the Little League Majors. This year he played for the Fighting Irish. I didn't end up with many pictures of Tyler from this season (partly because I had a baby to take care of, and partly because he played mostly night games and my camera doesn't get good shots at night).
Tyler stealing 3rd base. He is speedy and always looking for a chance to steal!

Ready to swing!

Brant and Tyler
This was their third year together on the same team!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

I didn't know they had swim team for kids that young (luke's age). I guess they take after their mom. How old were you when you did the jr. olympics?

Jenny Roberts said...

Fun stuff.

Mary Anne said...

Okay, that picture of Luke diving into the pool is making me laugh right here in my computer chair. I'm not even lying. Or exaggerating. It's killing me. Those boys are the best...even if they did come in 8th place!

Jill Taylor said...

Tell the kids good job from me! I can't believe how well Luke can swim!